"There are only four kinds of people in the world:
- Those who have been caregivers
- Those who currently are caregivers
- Those who will be caregivers
- Those who will need caregivers "
- Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter
Many family members are the primary caregivers for children and the older members relatives. However, the task of caring for a child or the elderly can create financial burden and physical stress.
We know that for caregivers to do a good job, they too need to care for themselves. We provide a much- needed support system so caregivers can do their job well.
What we do
The S.T.E.P.S. Caregiver Support Project provides support services for eligible family caregivers. The goal of the program is to assist caregivers in an effort to optimize care the elderly or children and to support aging in community.
The project offers the following services:
- Housing Improvements
- Material Aid
- Caregiver Respite (in-home)
- Enhanced Chore
- Consumer Information and Referrals